How do I enrol?
- You can enrol by completing the online enrolment form – (web link) or by visiting your preferred educational agent.
What is the process when applying for a student visa?
- Once SACE receives your enrolment form, the enrolment confirmation documents including an Invoice and a Letter of Offer will be sent to you. Upon receipt of payment, SACE will issue an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form. You will need to present a copy of the eCoE when applying for your student visa. SACE will elect the DIAC office closest to your location upon processing.
When will I get my eCoE for my student visa application?
- Upon receipt of payment, SACE will issue an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form. You will need to present a copy of the eCoE when applying for your student visa. SACE will elect the DIAC office closest to your location upon processing.
Will I get a refund if my Student Visa application is not approved?
- All tuition, OSHC and material fees will be refunded if your student visa is rejected by DIAC. The rejection letter from DIAC must be submitted with a written letter requesting the refund.
Do I need to pay for my course in full before course commencement?
- Full course fees for courses of 24 weeks in length or less are required 2 weeks prior to the course commencement date, or prior to issuing the eCoE.
- For courses 25 weeks in length and more, a payment plan will be arranged in 2 instalments. The first 24 weeks will need to be paid prior to issuing the eCoE.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Please refer to the SACE Fee Schedule Enrolment Form for the full SACE cancellation policy.
How can I make payment?
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or direct deposit. You will find the SACE bank account details in the enrolment form and at the bottom of the invoice.
- Credit Card payments are accepted, however, a credit card transaction fee applies.
Where are the Cambridge Exams held?
- Cambridge exams are held in Adelaide and at various locations close to Hobart and the Whitsundays. The SACE Campus Administration staff can give you information about the Cambridge test centres closest to you.
Where are the IELTS Exams held?
- IELTS exams are held in Adelaide and at various locations close to Hobart and the Whitsundays. The SACE Campus Administration staff can give you information about the IELTS test centres closest to you.
Where are the TOEIC Exams held?
- Each SACE Campus is a registered Public TOEIC Test Centre. TOEIC Exams are held each month. Please refer to the Calender of for the monthly test and registration dates.
When can I start my course?
- Please refer to the entry dates in the SACE Fee Schedule. You may also start a General English Course any Monday.
What English level do I need to start a course?
- The South Australian College of English accepts Beginner to Advanced level students. Beginners are only accepted on set entry dates. Please refer to the fee schedule.
- The Whitsundays College of English and the Tasmanian College of English accept Elementary to Advanced levels.
Do I need OSHC – Overseas Student Health Cover?
- All students studying on a Student Visa are required by the Australian Government to obtain Overseas Health Cover medical insurance. The total cover will need to be the course length, plus one extra month.
Can I transfer to a different school after I arrive?
- You may transfer your enrolment to either one of our SACE Campuses without penalty. You simply need to pay for your transport to the other SACE Campus and associated costs.]]>
"My agent recommended the South Australian College of English to me. I am enjoying my course very much. I have tried similar courses before, this one is completely different and better.
The highlight of the course are the teachers. I feel comfortable with them, they are really friendly and always are prepared to help you.
I would recommend the course to others because I have been trying different methods to learn English for years, and this one is my favourite because it's entertaining and you can learn fast."Harold Huamanchumo
"I chose to study at the South Australian College of English because the location (middle of the city) and the variety of nationalities were attractive for me.
I am enjoying my course. The motivation of students for studying are so high and they are good at English, so I am been giving good stimulations from them.
I live in share house and it's cosy for me, but I recommend to experience homestay because it's the best way to improve speaking skills and to know Australian cultures."Yukiko Hombo
"My agent recommended the South Australian College of English because the school isn't too big and they have small classes. It's a great and amazing experience being to Adelaide studying English. My highlight, so far, has been improving my English skill in such a short time.
Students from all over the world have been studying here. I can learn so much about foreign cultures and traditions and I've made many friends coming from different countries. Our school also has a wide and various excursion program to choose for our spare time and weekends.
All the school staff is very kind, cheerful and helpful. We are such a big family. I would every time recommend to my friends study at the South Australian College of English."Barbara Bodmer
SACE Adelaide is the authorised TOEIC Test Centre in Hobart. SACE Adelaide is approved by Cambridge University. Cambridge CELTA Teacher Training courses are held on campus.
All SACE Colleges - Adelaide, Hobart and the Whitsundays, are approved teacher training centres.
SACE Colleges have pioneered the introduction of many specialised courses in Australia such as English and Volunteering, English and Demi-Pair, and English and Work Experience.
Many Australian Language Colleges look to SACE for inspiration and leadership. Many Australian English Language Colleges have followed SACE Colleges’ example and now offer courses pioneered by SACE.
SACE is an internationally recognised English language provider.
The South Australian College of English is recognised by:
The Whitsundays College of English is accredited by the National ELT Accreditation Scheme
International Association of Language Centres (IALC)
University of Cambridge (Teacher Training, Cambridge CELTA)
TOEIC (Authorised TOEIC Test Centre, Whitsundays)
Bildungsurlaub (Rheinland Pfalz, Hamburg, Berlin)
Barrier Reef Institute of TAFE
TAFE South Australia
Global Net Information Communication Technology]]>
The South Australian College of English, Tasmanian College of English and Whitsundays College of English are accredited and approved TEACHER TRAINING CENTRES.
Permanent internal and external teacher training guarantees our teachers use the latest teaching methods and resources.
All SACE teaching staff meet the requirements of the National ELT Accreditation Scheme (NEAS) requirements. All SACE teachers have specialist English language teaching qualifications.
SACE teachers are enthusiastic, motivated and caring professionals.
SACE teachers are specialist English langauge professionals who are selected for their teaching skills and enthusiasm. Professional development for SACE teachers is co-ordinated by our Teacher Training Unit.]]>
International Mix of Students
Students from all over the world choose SACE Colleges to learn English. SACE Colleges have a broad mix of European, South American and Asian student nationalities from over 25 different countries.
Service to Students
SACE Colleges are small to medium sized independent Colleges. SACE Colleges have a strong commitment to student welfare and provide afriendly efficient personalised service to students.]]>
|Whitsundays College of English - SACE Airlie Beach|
|Tasmanian College of English - SACE Hobart|
|Department of Immigration & Citizenship - Visa & Immigration Information|
|Adelaide - Information about Adelaide & South Australia|
|Hobart - Information about Hobart & Tasmania|
|Airlie Beach - Information about Airlie Beach & the Whitsunday Islands|
|Sealink - Kangaroo Island, South Australia|
|Seek - Australia's No. 1 jobs, employment, career & recruitment site|
|CareerOne - Australian jobs|
|The Advertiser (Adelaide)|
|Whitsunday Times (Airlie Beach)|
|Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania (Hobart)|
For information regarding the two for one TOEIC special offer, please visit the TOEIC website below:
The South Australian College of English is an accredited TOEIC® Public Test Centre.
We offer the TOEIC® test on the following official test dates:
|Test Date||Closing Date for Applications|
|22nd January 2016||8th January 2016|
|19th February 2016||5th February 2016|
|11th March 2016||26th February 2016|
|8th April 2016||24th March 2016|
|6th May 2016||22nd April 2016|
|3rd June 2016||20th May 2016|
|1st July 2016||17th June 2016|
|29th July 2016||15th July 2016|
|26th August 2016||12th August 2016|
|23rd September 2016||9th September 2016|
|21st October 2016||7th October 2016|
|18th November 2016||4th November 2016|
|9th December 2016||25th November 2016|
Arrival Time: Please arrive at the South Australian College of English Campus by 1:30pm. The test will commence at 2:00pm.
What To Bring: Please bring photo ID and a current passport sized photograph.
Direction to get to campus:
Location: Level 1, 47 Waymouth St Adelaide SA 5000
Telephone: (08) 8410 5222
Fax: (08) 8410 5661
For testing in other locations please see the full list of TOEIC Public Testing Centres
If you have any problems organising a test, please email email@example.com.