Hobart is warm sandstone, bright spinnakers on the River Derwent, coffee under the striped sun umbrellas of Salamanca, an occassional frosting of snow on Mt Wellington, bush tracks and birdsong. Hobart is a city of history, with gracious architecture, colonial cottages and heritage parks and gardens.
It is a city of bustling markets, a flourishing arts scene, festivals and entertainment and fine restaurants.
Hobart is an ideal base for your southern Tasmanian journeys - explore farther afield, then return to relax, unwind and rejuvenate.]]>
How do I enrol?
- You can enrol by completing the online enrolment form – (web link) or by visiting your preferred educational agent.
What is the process when applying for a student visa?
- Once SACE receives your enrolment form, the enrolment confirmation documents including an Invoice and a Letter of Offer will be sent to you. Upon receipt of payment, SACE will issue an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form. You will need to present a copy of the eCoE when applying for your student visa. SACE will elect the DIAC office closest to your location upon processing.
When will I get my eCoE for my student visa application?
- Upon receipt of payment, SACE will issue an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form. You will need to present a copy of the eCoE when applying for your student visa. SACE will elect the DIAC office closest to your location upon processing.
Will I get a refund if my Student Visa application is not approved?
- All tuition, OSHC and material fees will be refunded if your student visa is rejected by DIAC. The rejection letter from DIAC must be submitted with a written letter requesting the refund.
Do I need to pay for my course in full before course commencement?
- Full course fees for courses of 24 weeks in length or less are required 2 weeks prior to the course commencement date, or prior to issuing the eCoE.
- For courses 25 weeks in length and more, a payment plan will be arranged in 2 instalments. The first 24 weeks will need to be paid prior to issuing the eCoE.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Please refer to the SACE Fee Schedule Enrolment Form for the full SACE cancellation policy.
How can I make payment?
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or direct deposit. You will find the SACE bank account details in the enrolment form and at the bottom of the invoice.
- Credit Card payments are accepted, however, a credit card transaction fee applies.
Where are the Cambridge Exams held?
- Cambridge exams are held in Adelaide and at various locations close to Hobart and the Whitsundays. The SACE Campus Administration staff can give you information about the Cambridge test centres closest to you.
Where are the IELTS Exams held?
- IELTS exams are held in Adelaide and at various locations close to Hobart and the Whitsundays. The SACE Campus Administration staff can give you information about the IELTS test centres closest to you.
Where are the TOEIC Exams held?
- Each SACE Campus is a registered Public TOEIC Test Centre. TOEIC Exams are held each month. Please refer to the Calender of for the monthly test and registration dates.
When can I start my course?
- Please refer to the entry dates in the SACE Fee Schedule. You may also start a General English Course any Monday.
What English level do I need to start a course?
- The South Australian College of English accepts Beginner to Advanced level students. Beginners are only accepted on set entry dates. Please refer to the fee schedule.
- The Whitsundays College of English and the Tasmanian College of English accept Elementary to Advanced levels.
Do I need OSHC – Overseas Student Health Cover?
- All students studying on a Student Visa are required by the Australian Government to obtain Overseas Health Cover medical insurance. The total cover will need to be the course length, plus one extra month.
Can I transfer to a different school after I arrive?
- You may transfer your enrolment to either one of our SACE Campuses without penalty. You simply need to pay for your transport to the other SACE Campus and associated costs.]]>
"I am really enjoying studying at the Tasmanian College of English as I get many opportunities to practice my speaking and I think speaking is the best way to improve my English. I would like to recommend this school to my friends. It's a small school, but very nice. Teachers and classmates are very friendly and there are very few Czech students. I especially enjoy Friday excursions, I have been many times and it has always been fantastic. There are many sporting activities in Hobart for me to enjoy. On weekends I go bike riding, swimming, bushwalking and scouting. At night I like going clubbing with my friends. I am also working in a restaurant which a great way to practice my English skills and make new friends."Jan Pazderka
"The Tasmanian College of English is a small and friendly school. I met many new and very nice people. I would definitely recommend this school as I learned English very well and I have a lot of new international friends now. I will never forget my stay at SACE Hobart and I keep wonderful memories. See you again."Eric Prieto
SACE Hobart is the authorised TOEIC Test Centre in Hobart. SACE Hobart is approved by Cambridge University. Cambridge CELTA Teacher Training courses are held on campus.
All SACE Colleges - Adelaide, Hobart and the Whitsundays, are approved teacher training centres.
SACE Colleges have pioneered the introduction of many specialised courses in Australia such as English and Volunteering, English and Demi-Pair, and English and Work Experience.
Many Australian Language Colleges look to SACE for inspiration and leadership. Many Australian English Language Colleges have followed SACE Colleges’ example and now offer courses pioneered by SACE.
SACE is an internationally recognised English language provider.
The South Australian College of English, Tasmanian College of English and Whitsundays College of English are accredited and approved TEACHER TRAINING CENTRES.
Permanent internal and external teacher training guarantees our teachers use the latest teaching methods and resources.
All SACE teaching staff meet the requirements of the National ELT Accreditation Scheme (NEAS) requirements. All SACE teachers have specialist English language teaching qualifications.
SACE teachers are enthusiastic, motivated and caring professionals.
SACE teachers are specialist English langauge professionals who are selected for their teaching skills and enthusiasm. Professional development for SACE teachers is co-ordinated by our Teacher Training Unit.]]>
SACE TEACHER TRAINING
The South Australian College of English (SACE Adelaide) has conducted University of Cambridge TESOL courses (CELTA) since 1992. The Tasmanian College of English (SACE Hobart) has been an approved Cambridge Teacher Training Centre since 1998 and has conducted CELTA courses from this date. The Whitsundays College of English (SACE Airlie Beach) is also an approved Cambridge Teacher Training Centre for CELTA courses.
The prestigious CambridgeESOL-CELTA was previously known as the Cambridge RSA CTEFLA. Four-week intensive full time courses are available throughout the year. Introduction courses to TESOL and Grammar Refresher courses are also run through our teacher training department. The Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) is administered through the University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate and is moderated by assessors inducted by Cambridge University ensuring high standards worldwide.
The Cambridge CELTA is the best known TEFL / TESL / TEFOL / TESOL / ELT qualification of its kind in the world, and is often requested by employers nationally and internationally.
WHAT IS CELTA ?
The CambridgeESOL-CELTA [Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is an international TEFL / TESL / TEFOL / TESOL / ELT training certificate course. Over 9,000 people a year participate in CELTA courses in approved centres in countries all over the world. All the successful participants receive a certificate from Cambridge University.
Originally called the RSA Certificate the programme changed name to RSA/Cambridge CTEFLA in 1985 and changed again in 1996 to RSA/Cambridge CELTA and in 2001 became the Cambridge CELTA. It is now known as the CambridgeESOL-CELTA. [Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages]
RECOGNITION & REGARD
Due to the rigorous annual approval process and constant moderation of courses the CELTA is highly regarded worldwide; Cambridge University being well known throughout the world.
The CELTA is recognised by:
It is also well regarded by organisations such as JET, and Volunteers Abroad.
AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITY RECOGNITION & CREDIT
CELTA is given credit points for courses at a number of Australian universities.
|South Australia||Tasmania||New South Wales|
|Flinders University||University of Tasmania||University of New South Wales|
|University of Adelaide||University of Wollongong|
|University of Technology Sydney|
|Victoria||Australian Capital Territory||Western Australia|
|La Trobe University||University of Canberra||Curtin University of Technology|
ENROLMENT AND SELECTION
Selection of candidates is based on an application task and a pre-course interview. If applicants have been successful, they will receive an offer of a place in the mail.
Candidates are also required to complete a compulsory pre-course learning task and:
Please note: Fulfilling entry requirements does not automatically guarantee a place.
IMPORTANT FEATURES OF THE CELTA COURSE
SACE Hobart campus has a large treed garden, some trees are over 100 years old. In summer students enjoy "English in the Garden". SACE Hobart Summer Garden classrooms offer a relaxing and wonderful environmental learning experience.]]>
|Whitsundays College of English - SACE Airlie Beach|
|South Australian College of English - SACE Adelaide|
|Department of Immigration & Citizenship - Visa & Immigration Information|
|Adelaide - Information about Adelaide & South Australia|
|Hobart - Information about Hobart & Tasmania|
|Airlie Beach - Information about Airlie Beach & the Whitsunday Islands|
|Sealink - Kangaroo Island, South Australia|
|JobSearch - jobs Australia Wide including the Harvest Trail|
|Seek - Australia's No. 1 jobs, employment, career & recruitment site|
|CareerOne - Australian jobs|
|The Advertiser (Adelaide)|
|Whitsunday Times (Airlie Beach)|
|Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania (Hobart)|