How do I enrol?
- You can enrol by completing the online enrolment form – (web link) or by visiting your preferred educational agent.
What is the process when applying for a student visa?
- Once SACE receives your enrolment form, the enrolment confirmation documents including an Invoice and a Letter of Offer will be sent to you. Upon receipt of payment, SACE will issue an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form. You will need to present a copy of the eCoE when applying for your student visa. SACE will elect the DIAC office closest to your location upon processing.
When will I get my eCoE for my student visa application?
- Upon receipt of payment, SACE will issue an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form. You will need to present a copy of the eCoE when applying for your student visa. SACE will elect the DIAC office closest to your location upon processing.
Will I get a refund if my Student Visa application is not approved?
- All tuition, OSHC and material fees will be refunded if your student visa is rejected by DIAC. The rejection letter from DIAC must be submitted with a written letter requesting the refund.
Do I need to pay for my course in full before course commencement?
- Full course fees for courses of 24 weeks in length or less are required 2 weeks prior to the course commencement date, or prior to issuing the eCoE.
- For courses 25 weeks in length and more, a payment plan will be arranged in 2 instalments. The first 24 weeks will need to be paid prior to issuing the eCoE.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Please refer to the SACE Fee Schedule Enrolment Form for the full SACE cancellation policy.
How can I make payment?
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or direct deposit. You will find the SACE bank account details in the enrolment form and at the bottom of the invoice.
- Credit Card payments are accepted, however, a credit card transaction fee applies.
Where are the Cambridge Exams held?
- Cambridge exams are held in Adelaide and at various locations close to Hobart and the Whitsundays. The SACE Campus Administration staff can give you information about the Cambridge test centres closest to you.
Where are the IELTS Exams held?
- IELTS exams are held in Adelaide and at various locations close to Hobart and the Whitsundays. The SACE Campus Administration staff can give you information about the IELTS test centres closest to you.
Where are the TOEIC Exams held?
- Each SACE Campus is a registered Public TOEIC Test Centre. TOEIC Exams are held each month. Please refer to the Calender of for the monthly test and registration dates.
When can I start my course?
- Please refer to the entry dates in the SACE Fee Schedule. You may also start a General English Course any Monday.
What English level do I need to start a course?
- The South Australian College of English accepts Beginner to Advanced level students. Beginners are only accepted on set entry dates. Please refer to the fee schedule.
- The Whitsundays College of English and the Tasmanian College of English accept Elementary to Advanced levels.
Do I need OSHC – Overseas Student Health Cover?
- All students studying on a Student Visa are required by the Australian Government to obtain Overseas Health Cover medical insurance. The total cover will need to be the course length, plus one extra month.
Can I transfer to a different school after I arrive?
- You may transfer your enrolment to either one of our SACE Campuses without penalty. You simply need to pay for your transport to the other SACE Campus and associated costs.]]>
"I've never lived in countryside. I was born in Tokyo, Japan. Always busy! So, that's why I choose Whitsundays College of English. Beside, my agent recommend me this school and then I've heard this school life is like family. I love family style school.
I would recommend SACE Whitsundays as students and teachers are very friendly. When I need help, they help me with kindness. I was helped with booking a trip, getting tax file number, buying calling card and finding work.
I think this school is really good. For some reason, all students can be friends with each other. It's very good. I'm glad to come here."Kazuyoshi Omino
"I chose to come to the Whitsundays College of English because it is a smaller school where everybody knows each other. It’s a better way to improve my English as there are many opportunities to speak with other students. Besides this, the scenery in the Whitsundays is amazing and you can do many activities.
I am really enjoying my course. Day after day, I improve my English because the course is taught very professionally. Every day I learn new vocabulary and grammar and get a lot of speaking practice.
My highlight so far is the beautiful scenery that Airlie Beach has to offer and the Islands. Also, the friendly Australian people who help you whenever you need it."
"I was living and studying in Sydney for 2 years and I decided to do something different in life and something more challenging and that’s why I chose the Whitsundays. It offers a relaxing life with beautiful views and very friendly people. I really enjoy my course at the Whitsundays College of English. The staff are very kind and helpful in all situations.
I love the Great Barrier Reef and the Islands around here. They are so beautiful and make me feel happy. I love sailing. It is a great experience and you get to meet many new people. I also love the markets on Saturday."Eliana Canutti
SACE Great Barrier Reef Whitsundays is the authorised TOEIC Test Centre in Airlie Beach. SACE Great Barrier Reef Whitsundays is approved by Cambridge University. Cambridge CELTA Teacher Training courses are held on campus.
All SACE Colleges - Adelaide, Hobart and the Whitsundays, are approved teacher training centres.
SACE Colleges have pioneered the introduction of many specialised courses in Australia such as English and Volunteering, English and Demi-Pair, and English and Work Experience.
Many Australian Language Colleges look to SACE for inspiration and leadership. Many Australian English Language Colleges have followed SACE Colleges’ example and now offer courses pioneered by SACE.
SACE is an internationally recognised English language provider.
The Whitsundays College of English is recognised by:
The Whitsundays College of English is accredited by the National ELT Accreditation Scheme
International Association of Language Centres (IALC)
University of Cambridge (Teacher Training, Cambridge CELTA)
TOEIC (Authorised TOEIC Test Centre, Whitsundays)
Bildungsurlaub (Rheinland Pfalz, Hamburg, Berlin)
Barrier Reef Institute of TAFE
TAFE South Australia
Global Net Information Communication Technology]]>
The South Australian College of English, Tasmanian College of English and Whitsundays College of English are accredited and approved TEACHER TRAINING CENTRES.
Permanent internal and external teacher training guarantees our teachers use the latest teaching methods and resources.
All SACE teaching staff meet the requirements of the National ELT Accreditation Scheme (NEAS) requirements. All SACE teachers have specialist English language teaching qualifications.
SACE teachers are enthusiastic, motivated and caring professionals.
SACE teachers are specialist English langauge professionals who are selected for their teaching skills and enthusiasm. Professional development for SACE teachers is co-ordinated by our Teacher Training Unit.]]>
International Mix of Students
Students from all over the world choose SACE Colleges to learn English. SACE Colleges have a broad mix of European, South American and Asian student nationalities from over 25 different countries.
Service to Students
SACE Colleges are small to medium sized independent Colleges. SACE Colleges have a strong commitment to student welfare and offer a friendly, efficient, personalised service to students.]]>